IBM Director 5.10 provides richer and broader systems management capabilities for superior
hardware management. Key enhancements in IBM Director 5.10 include the following:
- New powerful and customisable interface to let you work as you want.
- 3 degrees of management functionality:
- Agent-less Management (Level 0) - Discovery, system attributes, power control, basic inventory and remote sessions on Linux
- Core Services (Level 1) - Level 0 plus Event Log, Event Action Plans, hardware status, platform specific inventory, Update Assistant, and Upward Integration
- IBM Director Agent (Level 2) - Level 1 plus all remaining IBM Director tasks.
- Broader operating system support which inlcudes Windows, Intel Linux, Power Linux, AIX, i5/OS and zSeries Linux environments across pSeries, iSeries, xSeries, zSeries, BladeCenter and OpenPower.
- Enhanced integration with higher-level management products, including Microsoft® SMS and MOM.
- Software Health Check to determine which systems need updating.
- BladeCenter Chassis Configuration Manager.
- New Event Action Plan Wizard for setting up management policies.
- Streamlined, modular installation to limit impact on network traffic.
- New software developer's kit to facilitate the development of extensions to IBM Director.
- Lighter, faster and more powerful comand line interface (CLI) for many IBM Director tasks, allowing customers to integrate their own tools more safely and easily.